Modified and Effective on August 4, 2023
- What Information We Collect:We collect information to provide better Services to all of our users. We collect the types of information listed below:
- Information you give us. For example, some of our Services require you to sign up for a HighRadius account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information like your name, email address, or telephone number to store with your account.
- Information we get from your use of our Services. We collect information about the HighRadius Services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Device information —We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Log information —When you use our Services or view content provided by HighRadius, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your HighRadius account.
- Location information —When you use HighRadius Services, we may collect and use information about your actual location using your IP address.
- Unique application numbers —Certain Services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type) may be sent to HighRadius when you install or uninstall that Service or when that Service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies —We use various technologies to collect and store information when you use the Services. These may include using cookies or other tracking technologies (including web beacons, email pixels and script-based trackers) to identify your browser or device (“Website Navigational Information”). Website Navigational Information allows web applications to give you a personalized experience when using the Services.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the features available on the website.
- Hashed identifiers—We collect hashed identifiers derived from email addresses for the purposes of cross-device tracking for targeted advertising. Hashing is a process that pseudonymizes (i.e. digitally scrambles) information, such as email addresses. For example, when email@example.com is run through a typical hashing function, it becomes the following string of characters: $2y$12$3ebUq9.w6JrQhdbTaVOXt.WOPvDjhJihGvLQjJahV.VyxwjpgQssC. We take this step to de-identify data and protect email addresses, while being able to use the unique identifier created for the purpose of targeting ads to you across different electronic devices and browsers.
2. Children. Our websites and services are not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children unless (a) such collection is subject to a separate agreement between you and our customers or (b) the visit by a child is unsolicited or incidental. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us by using the information in Section 13 below and we will take steps to delete their personal information from our systems.
3. What We Do with the Information We Gather:
We will process your information only if we are legally allowed to do so, and more specifically in the circumstances described below.
Managing user registrations. If you have registered for an account with us, we use your information to manage your user account so that we can carry out our responsibilities under our contract with you.
Maintaining the security of our website and Services. HighRadius uses your information to:
- track your use of our website and Services;
- create aggregated (grouped), non-personal data;
- verify accounts and activity;
- investigate suspicious activity;
- enforce our terms and policies;
- maintain the safety and security of the Services, systems and applications; and
- protect our rights and the rights of others.
For example, we may check to confirm that you have a valid license to use the services by Verifying your user/login ID or other account details.
Developing and improving our website and Services. When you use our website and Services, we use your information to track how you use them and to analyze usage trends. This allows us to develop and improve our website and Services and provide you with more relevant content and service offerings.
Handling contact and user support requests. If you fill out one of our web forms, request user support, or if you contact us another way including by phone call or email, we use your information to carry out our contract with you, fulfill your requests and communicate with you.
Reviewing compliance with applicable usage terms.We process your information to review compliance with the applicable usage terms in our customer’s contract and to ensure they are being followed.
Assessing and improving user experience.HighRadius analyzes device and usage data as described in Section 1 above. Sometimes, your information may be included in that analysis. We do this to study trends, assess and improve the overall user experience and Service offering.
Managing event registrations and attendance. HighRadius also uses information you give us to provide virtual and in-person corporate events, including those where HighRadius is the host, an exhibitor or an attendee, online forums and social networks in which you are participating (“Activities”). This includes sending related communications to you concerning the Activities as well as third-parties whom we have engaged or partnered with to provide services to support delivery of the Activities to you. Additional information on HighRadius’ privacy practices governing your participation may be found in additional privacy statements on the websites specific to the Activities. HighRadius may also use information about customers and Activities participants for marketing purposes. For example, HighRadius may use information you provide to contact you to further discuss your interest in the Services and to send you information about HighRadius and its affiliates’ product recommendations related to our Services or your interests. HighRadius may also receive information about customers and Activities participants from other sources, including third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this information with other information we already have about you.
Managing contests or promotions.If you register for a contest or promotion, we use your information to run the contest or promotion. Some contests or promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will process your information.
Assessing capacity requirements.HighRadius processes your information to assess and ensure that it is meeting the capacity requirements of its Services.
Identifying customer opportunities. HighRadius processes your information to assess potential new opportunities with customers to ensure that it is meeting the demands of its customers and their users’ experiences.
Displaying personalized advertisements and content. We process your information to conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our websites and to provide other personalized content based upon your activities and interests. If you wish to withdraw any consent which you were previously required to give, you may do so at any time without having to give any specific reason.
Sending marketing communications. We may process your information to send you marketing communications (e.g., newsletters, telemarketing calls, SMS, or push notifications) about our Services, promotions or events and those of our affiliates and partners. If you wish to withdraw any consent which you were previously required to give, you may do so at any time without having to give any specific reason.
Managing payments. If you have provided financial information to us, HighRadius processes your information to verify that information and to collect payment under our contract with you.
Complying with legal obligations. We may process or disclose your information:
- when the law requires us to cooperate with public and government authorities, courts or regulators;
- when necessary to protect against misuse or abuse of our websites;
- to protect personal property or safety,
- to pursue remedies available to us and limit our damages.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information:
Business Partners. Occasionally, HighRadius may partner with other companies like our channel partners, to jointly offer products, services or programs (such as webinars or downloadable content). These partners may fulfill product trials and information requests about HighRadius and its products from our customers and prospective customers. To do this, we may pass your information to them as necessary for that purpose only, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. HighRadius does not share your information with business partners unless: (1) you specifically opt in to such sharing, such as via an event registration form; or (2) you attend a joint event by HighRadius and its business partner(s) and allow HighRadius or its business partner(s) to scan your attendee badge. If you do not wish for your information to be shared in this manner, you may choose not to opt in and choose not to have your badge scanned at HighRadius events. If you choose to share your information with business partners as described above, your information will be subject to the business partners’ respective privacy statements. HighRadius sometimes hires vendor companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering items, sending postal mail, providing technical support, and processing event registrations. We provide those companies only the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Service Providers.HighRadius may share information about HighRadius website visitors, customers and webinar attendees with HighRadius’ contracted service providers so that these service providers can provide services on our behalf. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide the requested services to us.
HighRadius may also share information about HighRadius website visitors, customers and Activities participants with:
- HighRadius’ service providers to ensure the quality of information provided; and
- with third-party social networking and media websites, for marketing and advertising on those websites.
Billing.HighRadius uses a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use billing information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on HighRadius’ behalf.
Company Affiliates.HighRadius may share information about HighRadius’ customers with the HighRadius affiliates and companies that we acquire in the future (“Affiliates”). When we do share with Affiliates, it will be:
- in response to a request you have submitted, or
- for sales, customer support, marketing, technical operations, account management or internal development purposes.
Privacy laws in certain countries may be more or less restrictive than laws in the country in which you are located. We will always follow relevant laws as they apply to your privacy.
Compelled Disclosure. HighRadius may also disclose your personal information if:
- we are required or allowed to by law or legal process;
- necessary due to a sale, merger, transfer, exchange or other disposition (whether of assets, stock or otherwise) of all or a part of a business of HighRadius;
- necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of HighRadius and this website;
- enforce its agreements with you; or
- act in urgent circumstances to protect personal safety or the public.
In certain instances, HighRadius may also share information with our professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers to the extent we are legally obliged to share or have a legitimate interest in sharing your information.
5. Security: We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to protect your information, we have industry-standard physical, electronic and managerial security measures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Please note that even with these protections in place, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. You are solely responsible for protecting your password, limiting access to your devices and signing out of websites after your sessions.
7. For EU and UK Individuals: Your Rights Under GDPR. If you are in the European Economic Area or the UK, you have specific privacy rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation and similar laws in the UK. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to discuss your privacy concerns or to exercise any privacy rights you may have.
Privacy rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation and applicable UK data protection regulations include:
Transparency and the right to information. This means that you have the right to know what information we have about you and how we use that information. We’ve described in this policy we use and share your information. However, if you have questions or concerns you can contact us any time.
Right of access, objection, restriction of processing, erasure, and portability. This means that you have the right to:
- see what information about you we have,
- tell us to stop using your information
- limit how we process your information
- tell us to delete the information we have about you
- take your information from our platform and use it with another service provider.
To exercise these rights, please contact us. We will honor your request within a reasonable time but usually within one month. Please note that if you have registered for an account with HighRadius, you may generally update your user settings, profile, organization’s settings or event registration by logging into the website or Services with your username and password and making the changes in your settings or profile.
Right to opt-out to direct marketing. This means that you have the right to tell us at any time to stop sending you marketing materials. You can does this by:
- clicking the “unsubscribe” link or following the instructions to unsubscribe within the communications you receive;
- contacting us at email@example.com or
- by changing your preferences under your profile on HighRadius Website.
We can still send you other non-marketing communications, including service announcements and administrative messages about your account. You won’t have the option to stop receiving those as long as you maintain an account with HighRadius.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you believe that our use of your information violates the rights granted to you under the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority, a government agency that enforces privacy rights. You can file your complaint in the EEA country where you live, work, or the place where the violation of your rights occured. Contact details for the EU data protection authorities can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
In compliance with the EU-US Data Privacy Framework Principles, HighRadius commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to the DPF Principles. European Union, Swiss and United Kingdom individuals with DPF inquiries or complaints should first contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
HighRadius has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the DPF Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, Data Privacy Framework Services, operated by BBB National Programs. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://bbbprograms.org/programs/all-programs/dpf-consumers/ProcessForConsumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your DPF complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See https://www.dataprivacyframework.gov/s/article/G-Arbitration-Procedures-dpf?tabset-35584=2
10. How to Exercise Your Rights. To exercise your rights, please contact us by using the information in Section 13 below (“Contacting us”). We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month and will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your request. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month, if the request is complex or if we have a high number of requests. If you are an employee of a HighRadius customer, we recommend you contact your company’s system administrator for assistance in correcting or updating your information. Some registered users may update their user settings, profiles, organization settings and event registrations by logging into their accounts and editing their settings or profiles.
11. Retention Periods and Deletion. HighRadius retains your personal information to:
- provide services to our users;
- fulfill our contractual obligations to our customers;
- meet our compliance and legal requirements;
- improve security and fraud prevention; and
- conduct audits.
For example, we may retain your information while you have an account to use our website or Services and for a reasonable period of time afterward. We may also retain your information during the period of time needed for HighRadius to pursue our legitimate interest, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We determine the appropriate retention period for the information considering the:
- sensitivity of your information;
- potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure;
and whether we can achieve the purposes of the processing through other means. We also consider any applicable legal requirements (such as applicable statutes of limitation).
When you decide to delete certain information in your account, we will fulfill your request and update this information on our platform. We will also notify third parties working for us that you have made the request.
12. Unsubscribe. You can manage the marketing and non-transactional communications that you receive from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link or following the instructions found in HighRadius’ marketing emails. You can also unsubscribe by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that opting out of marketing communications does not opt you out of receiving important business communications related to your current relationship with us, such as communications about your subscriptions or event registrations, service announcements or security information. You can also opt out of seeing personalized online ads from companies participating in the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) using the NAI opt-out tool at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/.
2107 CityWest Blvd, Suite 1100
Houston, TX 77042
Attention: Legal Department
Last Updated on August 4, 2023
Some of the information we collect may fall under the definition of “sensitive personal information” as defined California’s privacy laws. We only use this information to provide our Services or for other purposes that California privacy law allows.
We do not “sell” your personal information in exchange for money or “share” your personal information for cross-context behavioral or targeted advertising (advertisements that target specific consumers). However, we do use third-party service providers’ electronic technologies to provide relevant advertisements about HighRadius. The use of these technologies requires us to disclose certain information about you in order to deliver those advertisements to you. Under California law, a disclosure such as this is considered a “sale” and you have the option to prevent this type of use by submitting a request via the contact information below.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 gives you the right to request information regarding how we share your personal information to our affiliates and/or third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make this request, please send an email with your first name, last name, mailing address, email address and telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “California Privacy Rights” in the Subject line of your email.
You may also make such a request by writing to us at:
2107 CityWest Blvd, Suite 1100
Houston, TX 77042
Attention: Legal Department